- 16-Feb-2017 to 17-Apr-2017 (CST)
- St. Louis, MO, USA
- Full Time
Who we are... Sachs Electric is one of the "Top 15" national, employee-owned electrical, communications, alternative energy and instrumentation contractor and the 12th largest solar contractor in the nation. Founded in 1925 in St. Louis, Missouri, with a vision to provide quality service from knowledgeable and innovative employees, we continue to deliver the highest performance through our talented teams.
What we're about... At Sachs, we excel at completing large, complex projects for customers in a wide range of industries. We believe in bringing on the most talented individuals to develop and lead these projects across the country. New ideas, continuous improvement and technical innovation are a way of life at Sachs and shared throughout our industry segments. Similarly, we strive to provide members of our team exposure to the entire project management process and provide challenges to our staff through new experiences. We believe superior work results from superior staff. We seek to support our people through training, challenging work, advancement opportunities and an atmosphere of winning that only a growing firm can bring.
As an Electrical Project Manager in our St. Louis Regional Group, you will provide overall administrative and technical direction for one large ($10M+) complex project, direct a segments of larger project under the direction of a Senior Project Manager, or direct smaller size projects/accounts with or without the assistance or subordinate managers or project engineers. Electrical Project Managers have overall bottom line responsibility for profit and loss, and consequently carry the authority appropriately. Electrical Project Managers carry responsibility for all matters, even if performed by a support function.
- Oversee construction and/or design effort (if applicable) to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, National Electrical Code, budget, and schedule. This includes the interfacing with the general contractors, the client's representatives, the owner, if directly with the owner, the architect engineer's representatives, union officials where applicable, subcontractors, if any, and develop good working relationship with field labor and supervision. Is responsible and has the authority to coordinate and direct all support functions of Sachs Electric.
- Authorize and/or approve all project personnel transactions including choice of superintendent, general foremen, foremen, number of people on projects, wages, purchase requisitions, payment approvals, change order requests and estimates thereof, all billing, design assistance, and any other related construction or support activities.
- With the assistance of the appropriate company officer or NECA, if applicable, negotiate with unions concerning grievances, jurisdiction, market recovery programs, or other labor related issues.
- Responsible for and assists in the implementation/interpretation of safety programs and ensures that all OSHA requirements are met. Utilize project safety tools and actively participate in project safety.
- Responsible for customer cultivation, maintenance and other sales and marketing as required or directed. Develop relationships to procure work. Expand contacts and relationships on a regular basis.
- Performs specialized estimating and assists in estimating projects as required by the company's needs. Self perform large plan/spec estimates & proposals. Apply varying labor units to estimates. Perform conceptual estimates on some types of work.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 5 years experience managing electrical construction projects
- BS in Engineering (preferably Electrical) or Construction Management Degree preferred.
- Possess a working knowledge of collective bargaining agreements.
- Proficient in utilizing project management tools and basic understanding of project accounting.
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Outstanding interpersonal and team leadership skills.
- Must possess strong attention to detail and ensure maximum quality of work throughout the lifecycle of the project.
- Experience with Accubid a plus
- Experience with Bluebeam Revu a plus.