- 22-Feb-2017 to 23-Apr-2017 (CST)
- Fenton, MO, USA
- Full Time
Who we are...
Sachs Electric is one of the "Top 15" national, employee-owned electrical, communications, alternative energy and instrumentation contractor and the 12th largest solar contractor in the nation. Founded in 1925 in St. Louis, Missouri, with a vision to provide quality service from knowledgeable and innovative employees, we continue to deliver the highest performance through our talented teams.
As the Accounting Manager, you will be responsible for the day to day management and operation of most functions within the corporate Accounting Department.
- Plan, direct and oversee accounting, billing, collections, and accounts payable operations of the company.
- Assist the Controller with certain aspects of the payroll operations within the department.
- Responsible for the preparation and/or review of the monthly financial statements in accordance with company's established reporting policies.
- Responsible for the preparation and payment of federal and state/local tax returns, including income, franchise, sales/use, and property taxes.
- Manage various accounting, tax, and customer audits.
- Prepare monthly accounting reports for management and disseminate other information as required.
- Assist Controller with banking and treasury functions, including forecasting short-term and long-term cash needs.
- Seek out opportunities for process improvements and staffing development within the department, and implement said plans.
- Other responsibilities at the direction of the Controller and/or Chief Financial Officer.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience:
- BS Degree in Accounting, CPA designation preferred
- Minimum of 5 years managing an accounting function
- Proven supervisory/leadership skills
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of software, technologically adept
Sachs Electric Company is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religious beliefs, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.