- 02-Mar-2017 to 01-May-2017 (CST)
- St. Louis, MO, USA
- Full Time
POSITION: Project Manager
REPORTS TO: Group Manager - Line Group
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: Oversees Field Supervision and project support staff as applicable based on project.
To provide overall management, administrative and technical direction for outside line construction projects including utility and industrial overhead/underground line distribution and substation/switchyard construction projects. Position is responsible for all aspects of a project from the beginning to financial end review. This includes estimating, contract negotiations/review, procurement, safety, scheduling, staffing, and supervision of on-site craft employees.
- Oversee construction effort to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget, and schedule. This includes interfacing with the owner, their representative, architect/engineers, union officials, subcontractors, and developing good working relationship with field labor and supervision.
- Plan and coordinate and supervise activities of all company personnel assigned to the project(s).
- Is responsible for the maintenance of all official project documentation and logs.
- Is responsible for and assists in the implementation/interpretation of safety programs and ensures that all OSHA requirements are met.
- Responsible for customer maintenance and other sales and marketing as required or directed.
- Performs specialized estimating and assists in estimating projects as required by the company's needs.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years Project Management experience in Line Construction (electrical distribution/substation construction)
- Superior communication skills, both written & verbal
- Strong interpersonal and team leadership skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficient in utilization of technology and project management tools
Sachs Electric Company is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religious beliefs, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.