- 06-Jun-2016 to 20-May-2017 (CST)
- MO, USA
- Full Time
Sachs Electric Company
POSITION: Project Engineer
REPORTS TO: Project Manager
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: Indirect responsibility for field labor management and staff.
What we're about...
At Sachs, we excel at completing large, complex projects for customers in a wide range of industries. We believe in bringing on the most talented individuals to develop and lead these projects across the country. New ideas, continuous improvement and technical innovation are a way of life at Sachs and shared throughout our industry segments. Similarly, we strive to provide members of our team exposure to the entire project management process and provide challenges to our staff through new experiences. We believe superior work results from superior staff. We seek to support our people through training, challenging work, advancement opportunities and an atmosphere of winning that only a growing firm can bring.
As a Project Engineer you will assist the Project Manager in the overall administrative and technical direction for one large complex project or direct smaller size projects under the supervision of a Project Manager. Project Engineers may have overall bottom line responsibility for profit and loss, and consequently carry the authority appropriately, and will provide technical and engineering support as required by the project assigned.
- Assist in the total construction and design effort (if applicable) to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget, and schedule.
- Act as a liaison to coordinate communication between both internal and external members on the project. Including, but not limited to, General Contractors, Subcontractors, Superintendents, and Foremen.
- Assist the Project Manager in the authorization and/or approval of all project staffing including, but not limited to, choice of superintendent, general foremen, and foremen.
- Perform specialized estimating and assists in estimating projects.
- Assist the Project Manager with purchase requisitions, payment approvals, and change order requests.
- Assists in the implementa¬tion/interpretation of safety programs and ensures that all OSHA requirements are met.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Construction Management, or related field.
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Outstanding interpersonal and team leadership skills.
- Must possess strong attention to detail and ensure maximum quality of work throughout the lifecycle of the project.
- Must be willing to temporarily relocate.
- Experience with Accubid a plus
- Experience with Bluebeam Revu a plus.